sábado, 5 de septiembre de 2015

Ginger & Rosa

I saw this film yesterday. It takes you to another world. Maybe its just me. But I feel like it leaves you with this  taste in your mouth that is not sour or sweet, it's just there. When I chose this movie I wasn't expecting what it turned out to be. To be honest, it surprised me. I really like this type of films. They are just consuming and fascinating at same time.  It's nice to get away from the norm sometimes.

The new word I discovered is supplicant. A supplicant can be a fervently religious person who prays to God for help with a problem, and it can also be someone who begs earnestly for something she or he wants. Roland says he's happy that his daughter turned out to be an activist and not a supplicant. He said that when Ginger told him about the time she went to church with Rosa.


One of my favorite quotes of the film:

Ginger: I’ve loved you, Rosa, but we are very different. You dream of everlasting love, not me. Despite the horror and the sorrow, I love our world. I want us all to live. What really matters is to live and if we live, there will be nothing to forgive.

                                                                                     Trailer







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario